Thursday, November 12, 2015

Southern Vermont Art Center show is up!

50  F  rain.
This is my show,  just short of labels, and maybe some tweaking.
Often I wish I could hand this job over to someone with a good eye.














Installation starts in boxes. Some people actually plan these things. I'm not one of those people.
















I spread the work out.















Five of the largest paintings worked well together on the end wall. I spent a fair amount of time re-ordering the paintings.
















The large wall got a sequence of paintings that seemed to work well together.
















1/2 of the large wall.


















The other 1/2 of the large wall.

















One cabinet.

















The other cabinet.
















The small wall next to the fireplace.

















The fireplace wall.



The installation is time and energy consuming, this was yesterday.  I was totally wiped out this morning, but I think it's an important part of the job, and I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to show here.  Not only such a wonderful space, but a lot of people that make a place like this happen, people that love art and don't get paid a lot, Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment