Thursday, November 26, 2015

Buskirk on Thanksgiving

50  F  mostly cloudy.

Today is Thanksgiving, a day to eat turkey, and hang out with family and friends, but first, paint!


#667 Hoosic River @ Buskirk

11-26-15

11x12







The sky was pretty cloudy, so my hunch: water would have something I could sink my teeth into. I wandered over here. Indeed, the water was like glass when I started, and this scene was familiar to me, with this being Thanksgiving why not embrace tradition.










I started with the darks, the red of the bridge, needed to go with them, otherwise, it wouldn't know where to be and that's not good.















Pulling some of the lighter tones out of the dark.


This painting is for sale, $425, please e-mail me if you'd like it.










The "Money Shot" from today.

















Here we are celebrating Thanksgiving with a flock of turkeys, Happy Thanksgiving!












No comments:

Post a Comment