Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pook's at last light, the airport, and a nocturn, my first!

42  F  mostly sunny.
This is the airport (flying club).  My previous effort ended suddenly when the light completely changed,(more on this later).

#665  Airport, Plains Rd.

11-25-15

6x8








 I liked the brightness reflecting off the buildings but I knew this would be lightning quick; I had my pallet going and I worked very small.














 I'm looking into the sun.

















 About 1 1/2 hours before, I had found this scene, it's the Battenkill, and there is a road bridge next to this rail bridge, this place is known as "Pook's".













I was moving along on  this is 11x14 panel, but the sun would soon be gone.















This is about 40 minutes after I started, and as you can see the light left.















This is where I stopped, I maybe wasn't finished, but was lost without the light.



#664  Battenkill @ Pook's

11-25-15

11x14








I did it! my first nocturn, right out back, something I've been wanting to do for a while, and with the moon full, there was a lot to see.




















I'm not happy with the result, but that doesn't matter, the first time trying something new is very often the hardest, just to get in the door, and over the unknown.  I wanted to paint the snow at night last winter, and with such short days having this option could be fun!

Happy thanksgiving to all!

#666  Outback

11-25-15

8x10

No comments:

Post a Comment