Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Oak Hill Rd. red and green is this Christmas?

80  F  warm, sun and haze no wind.
#520  Oak Hill Rd.

5-5-15

11 x 14













I had driven by this place, today was the day to stop.
















I'm a little weary of red and green, maybe too sentimental, maybe too much color, but there was something nice about this scene.














I used the knife to scrape away at the blue sky that was too low, I'n not sure why I was so far off to begin with.














The roof, being slate, and a little reflective, changed a bit.

(not sure why the painting looks so out of focus)













Moving along.....

















I ended up breaking out some cadmium red for the barn.
















Here is where I ended up.

















A lot of saturated color after the white-out of the winter.
















Here is the scene at the start, I thought there was too much here, so I focused on one barn.....















My pallet.























Not a bad place to hang for an hour and a half.







No comments:

Post a Comment