Saturday, May 2, 2015

Hudson River from vacant rail lot, Ft. Edward.

70  F  sunny, no wind.
I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for when I went looking for a spot along the river in Ft. Edward. It's a mix of working class neighborhoods and industrial sites.

#518  Hudson River @ Ft. Edward

5-2-15

14 x 16







 This double bridge seemed industrial age enough.
















 Sky.

















It was very calm when I started which makes the reflection bright.
That changed later.
















The refection and the sky relate to each other but aren't the same.
















The bridges were a bit tricky, and I'm not sure if I got them.















Some trees have just started to turn light green, others are a reddish color.















Moving right along....

















  This is where I ended up.

















 
A little glare....


















The scene.

















My spot.























I found this place, just beyond the public water supply property at the foot of the bridge, there was a gate, but it was wide open, and I didn't see any signs. It's not far from the main street and a re-purposed passenger rail station, so I guess it was an old rail yard or industrial site that had rail access. Nobody came by.








No comments:

Post a Comment