Thursday, May 14, 2015

Freaky lighting on the farm: Cambridge-Battenville Rd.

65  F  sunny, no wind.
The evening light is truly an awesome thing to behold, as light and shadow play over the land.

#528 Cambridge-Battenville Rd. @ Old Cambridge Rd.

5-14-14

14 x 16








The scene started out pretty intolerable, but judging the direction the sun would move, I figured it would change for the better.















I mixed up some white with a trace of cadmium lemon and put it down for the lower sky. the reflected light off the trees, made my white look yellow. It was a little freaky, being in this bright lemony yellow haze(and not even knowing it!)










My tone was pretty dark, maybe too dark for today.

















I use the pallet knife to draw into the paint, it's convenient way to work, back and forth......















Here is where I ended up.



















My scene at the start.


















Nice spot, Ollie came, but was bored.

























My pallet.





















The "Money Shot" from today, what would freaky lighting produce, but a freaky photo.















No comments:

Post a Comment