Saturday, January 31, 2015

Battenkill @ rte 61 bridge, Shushan

13  F  sunny, no wind
I'm heading out, it's cold, and the light is beautiful, with lots of fresh snow. So much of life is the quest: we think of time moving forward, but time doesn't move that's a construct. It plays to our imagination, and is not reality.



Today I wanted a water scene but wasn't sure exactly where.







I had a hunch for this site, it was 3:00 in the afternoon, I drove by, parked and hiked down here. I've painted here before, this fall, there wasn't snow. There were no other foot prints, just deer tracks.













It was worth it.
















I didn't realize how quickly the scene would change, but I started with the brightest large mass.





Can you see the shadow of my camera in hand?










The scene has dramatic diagonals and I like that.














Before I could cover the panel, the sun moved and put everything in shadow.



#473  Battenkill @ rte 61 bridge, shushan.



11 x 12







Here is the sight-size shot, as you can see the scene so fundamentally changed, I couldn't go on.















My set up.























To do a hike in I have to be able to bring it in one carry.















The pallet.























The Money Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment