Thursday, January 1, 2015

1st paint 2015, Battenville RR Bridge.

28  F   some sun some wispy clouds;  breezy.
The "Money Shot" for today.

#458 RR bridge over Battenkill tributary, Battenville.

8 x 10  oil on prepared paper.












I've been in this area a lot, and I had this arch bridge in the back of my mind.















I'm still procrastinating on making panels, because it's so cold I have to glue them in the basement, and I don't want to be in the basement during daylight  hours, so I'm painting on prepared paper.












I had a hard time getting the lights light enough and the darks dark enough, so what else is new?















The temperature wasn't bad, but when theres a little wind, it really feels cold (wind chill factor) so I'll avoid spots out in the open, or on a hill, this treed area looked nice and protected from the wind.












Look through the arch and you see light in the woods and the reflection on the water, it reminded me of a painting I did at Schloss Salem, (in a way).













Here is where I ended up.

















The place I'm standing was recently underwater, but just a few inches, It's always interesting to see natures changes.














Looking the other way is my favorite bridge, I've painted it many times.















Sight-size shot.






So here is the first painting of 2015, not spectacular, but not bad.








4 comments:

  1. 28 F your braver than me. Stay warm and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, I'm not sure if bravery has anything to do with it! Happy New Year to you!!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your first painting in 2015!

    ReplyDelete