Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hedges lake from the hill (x3) This blog is 2 years old today!!!!

10  F  sunny and calm.
As you can see I brought my chain saw today!

The Money Shot.

#472  Hedges lake from the hill

9 x 12










This is the third time, and I'm hoping the charm, I'll present these to my friends soon.















I've been "painting what I see", so I had to bring up the chain saw.
















My first order is to paint what's in back, although the mass of trees dulls down the brightness of the background.














I was able to get a handle on the landscape, but wanted some representation of the foreground trees.














So I put in this one cluster of trees, on the middle left, but I stopped short on the tree(s) on the right, I mean where was I going with this?















Here was the scene, a little bit of a challenge, but a great place to hang for a while. It took me 1/2 hour to scramble up the hill (I found the "yak trac" that I had lost on a previous trip up. I painted for just over an hour, then followed my footprints back down.









My spot.























Sight size shot.

















Here is a link to my first post!

http://www.mattchinian.com/2013/01/welcome-to-my-blog.html

I want to thank so many who have read and commented on this blog over the last 2 years! (Chani!) what started as an experiment has become something much more. It has been fully integrated into my creative process and my solo expeditions to paint have opened up to the world in a way I could not have ever imagined and I'm so very grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment