Friday, January 23, 2015

South Cambridge Road @ sunset.

26  F   clear skies!
I don't have a clue as to how to paint at this time of day.

The "Money Shot"

#469 S. Cambridge Rd.

9 x 12










The sun started to come out at about 2:00, and the light looked good, after wrapping my day's "stuff " I found the light on this barn group and it popped.














Sky. I use the pallet knife-saves time, and I like what it does.

The middle ground field was pretty bright at the start....
















I had gotten a good amount done when the scene fundamentally changed: the sun went down!















 I got some of the very darkest spots,(the doorways), and the last few places in the foreground, but I felt distracted by all the other stuff going on....













Here is where I finished, there just wasn't the light, and I forget what I had.















This is the scene at the start, I spent 45 minutes, I wish I had more time!
















I've driven by these barns but had never actually been on this stretch of road, and there are more nice views down it.














No comments:

Post a Comment