Saturday, March 7, 2015

Stage Rd. I missed the sun again!

22  F  mostly cloudy, no wind.
The "Money Shot" from today:

#487  Stage Rd.

8 x 10













It took me a while of driving around to come to this spot, like many places I've had on my list to paint. Today there was a little light on the mid-range hill/road, and a far view beyond that.












The snow along that section of road was the brightest light in the whole scene so I started with it.















Sky and far hills.

















I'd have to keep the foreground snow darker than the midground snow.















I left the tone exposed in a number of places, I like that.
















A few darks.

















Here is where I ended up. It wasn't that cold, but without the sun, I felt chilled.















My scene.

















Sight-size shot.

















My pallet.......























There were a few other places I wanted to stop, but they were on main roads, and with the snow, it's harder to pull out of the way, so I liked this quiet dirt road.

No comments:

Post a Comment