Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mohawk River from Waterfront Park, Cohoes.

40  F  sunny, no wind.
I went to church today, yes a heathen like me.  I've been wanting to explore the river views in the capitol district, Albany, Troy etc.. and I found this scene on the Mohawk River, very close to where it flows into the Hudson.

#498 Mohawk River from Cohoes.

12x16







 I liked the water, the colors and patterns of blue and brown.
















The bridge acts like a big "no" slashing through the landscape, but the subtle bright colors seep through the steel lattice of the bridge, and the water is very delicate.



I broke the rule that says to work on the "most different" thing, by waiting to do the bridge until after the tones behind the bridge were in, I didn't know how else to do it.














The water is high with the snow melting and was also very muddy.
















This is where I ended up.

















A little washed out and out of focus, but you get the idea.















The bigger picture.

















The pallet.























This is the view from the parking lot. It's a little rough, but how many places have a falls like that?














No comments:

Post a Comment