Friday, March 6, 2015

Hudson River @ Ft. Edward, bright yellow and dark purple.

19  F  bright sun and wind.
The "Money Shot"

#486 Hudson River @ Ft. Edward

11 x 14













I knew I wanted to paint with the sunshine today, to hell with the cold! I was going to Glens Falls to drop off some paintings, but it took forever to get to this place.















Sky and snow.















The darks.

I was surprised at how blue-purple the water was in places.














There was wind and blinding light (and snow) so it wasn't a day at the beach, I was feeling rushed, (the kids would be home soon) so this had to go quick.













This is where I ended up.

















My scene.

















Sight-size shot.

















My pallet.























My spot. I'm standing on the public waterfront.























This is where I trudged in. The ladders go to floating docks that will be put back in the spring.















This is my gear, I didn't want to trudge, but I didn't have much choice.















This is where I started. I knew of this place, you can see it from the bridge I just painted when you drive by on it.






















No comments:

Post a Comment