Monday, September 1, 2014

40 paintings @ Uncommon Grounds Cafe, Western Ave., Albany, NY until October 1st.

79  F  rainy and humid.
It was another late night last night, but I installed 40 paintings, with labels, and text.  The title of the show is "The lakes, rivers, creeks and streams of Upstate New York"













Much of the work is from the months of May, June and July, before I want to Germany, but the winter months were well represented too.















Sorry these photos are not the best. The last thing I do when I hang a show is to get a photo document so I can remember what I put in, even if it's bad....















Water was an easy theme, over 1/2 of the paintings I do have water! ( I know, the pictures are crooked)














I should have included ice.....

















From last August, I still like looking at this waterfall.















That's 40 paintings of water scenes from mostly Washington County and 6th Lake, but there you have it.
















If you're in Albany, stop in and take a look, send an e-mail if you have any comments, Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck for this new exhibition! This cafe does really have a lot of space, great! Wish I could pop in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Matt, hope you find them all a home.

    ReplyDelete