Friday, September 12, 2014

Where the railroad and river meet: middle of nowhere.

75  F  cloudy then sun.
This is where I ended up today.

#399 Battenkill @ RR Bridge, Shushan, NY.

9 x 12












This is looking down the RR tracks from Rt. 64 in Shushan, (you can see the trestle bridge way back, but maybe not in this photo) Anyway I knew there were RR bridges in there because they were on the map.












I'm not sure what the NO is referring to.....























My friend suggested I could walk over the bridge, but I didn't like that idea, Ollie is 1/2 way across.






















From the tracks I could see my spot!

















It's like a secret place. I didn't see a soul in 2 hours.
















1st.

















The session started out cloudy, which drove my decision not to go over the bridge, then the sun came out and it was on my panel.














The location of the trestle gave me trouble, but I don't know why.
















The sun on the panel made seeing it difficult, I was in the wilderness most of the time.















I had to scrape a bit, but it was worth it.
















You can see what happened, I just wung it.
















This is the "money shot" but you can't tell.







Ollie, ready to go, he tried to eat my sandwich today, I got it back.








Looking down river.



















I'm pleased with the results, but next time I'll cross the bridge and paint from the opposite bank.













My scene.

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Such a nice place! I like the picture with the "NO" bridge and Ollie showing you the way to new adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the view and the painting, as usual - I still don't have enough words in english to say what I want about your paintings but I LOVE EACH ONE OF THEM and enjoy reading your blogs about your art work, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chani and Shula, I'm always glad to have Ollie with me, although he seems to wonder why I stay in one place for so long, when he wants to explore the countryside! Shula your English is perfect, your words touch my heart!

    ReplyDelete