Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Battenkill @ Covered Bridge Rd, West Arlington, Vt. Two paintings sold, also in Vt.

65  F Sun and clouds.
I had to go to Manchester, Vermont, (Southern Vt. Arts Center) to drop off a few paintings: they had sold two!  But how could I go by this spot on this gorgeous afternoon!

#402 Battenkill @ Covered Bridge Rd. E. Arlington, Vt.

11 x 14










I toned my canvas darker and cooler than usual, so I started with the sky.














Again, I didn't have a lot of time, so I forgot to take progress shots, sorry!
















I've done quite a few paintings with similar compositions, and the scene, though awesome, made for a happy dog (and painter), being right on the water.  I couldn't help but think it's a bit sentimental.












 The light and water stayed pretty much the same in the 1 1/2 hours of paint time I had today, and I liked what the various elements were doing, like the water and the light on the leaves on the left.












Here is where I ended today. I'm not sure how I feel about it, it's a bit stiff and illustrative, but I like some parts of it.














This is the scene, as you can see, Ollie is on the bank getting ready to wade into the chilly waters.















When I have a place like this, on a day like this all to myself, what can I say?






















My trip was to replace 2 paintings sold @ SVAC.  Here they are:


#233 King Rd.

6-18-14

8 x 10














#352 Content Farm Rd.

7-30-14

8 x 10























2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sales! Of course, you had to paint this on such a beautiful afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chani! Whenever I sell something I think it's licence to ignore my "other" responsibilities and paint more!

      Delete