Sunday, September 21, 2014

Back on the farm, my weekend in the neighborhood. At home but on the road x's 2

71 & 82  F,  mostly sunny!
This was today's painting,

#405 Delavan Rd.

8 x 10













I did this scene last winter, The panel blew into a snow bank.








The first darks.















The orange tone was better than the dark red I tried the last few panels.















I was thinking of doing a little video but I wasn't up to it, I didn't even take that many photos.


















This is where I ended up, I was looking east, and behind a tree, although I like back light, when the sun starts to go down I'm often looking strait at it and that can make it hard to see.












The scene, I liked the road going through a tunnel of trees, and the silo on the hill.















Sight size shot .

















Easy!

















The corner of Lincoln Hill Rd. and Delavan Rd.























This is from January of this year, I was on the other side of the road.
















Yesterday, (Saturday, 9-20-14) , I went down to Center Cambridge, the intersection of County Rte 59 and Center Cambridge Rd. I've wanted to include these grain silos for a while.












 The road has a lot of drama to it.

















It was warm and windy yesterday afternoon, but this 9 x 12 did not blow over.















The silo ended up taking a back seat to the road, which is a theme I'm drawn to. There is also a truck in there and I don't often have trucks.














This is where I ended up.


#404 County Rte 59

9 x 12












Money Shot.


















This is my spot, it's a reasonably busy corner, but an awesome scene.

The road is not only a formal lead into the scene it's an allegory for going down it, it's universal, iconic.











4 comments:

  1. Delavan Road is as beautiful in the winter as in the summer. Your summer painting made me think about your Germany trip: this spot could have been there as well, the landscape was a bit similar, although so far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I'm now wondering what my favorite spots, along lake Constance, or in and around Schloss Spegart and Salem, are like as the season changes....

      Delete