Monday, December 29, 2014

Today: rushing dam water!

35  F  some sun, some clouds.
The Money shot from today:

#455  Hoosic River @ Johnsonville.

9 x 12













The tone is too warm, I had this left over from Germany, and I'm out of panels.















The building is an electric generating plant.
















Middle tones......

















At this point everything is in play, but the feel of the structure is dogging me, I need it to contrast with the water, but how?














I've been down here before, when I went down today the water was roaring! I couldn't pass it up.















This is where I ended up, not a great photo.....
















Here's the scene, what you don't see is the sound, the water was roaring!
















How I painted it...

















Today's office, the plant dead ends the road, I saw only one person.






















I parked across the road, but I don't think it mattered.
















The road starts to the north of this bridge and the dam is about 1/4 mile up. I've painted here a number of times.















4 comments:

  1. I loved your painting and I enjoyed the way you told your story thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rider, I'm always glad to know the blog goes out there and I appreciate you're loving it!

      Delete
  2. A quite original painting! Well done, Matt. Hope spring will come soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chani, I'm not sure how I feel about it (this painting), but I'm happy to paint snow!

      Delete