Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Meetinghouse Rd. in snow, sun, clouds, wind, all at the same time!

24  F  Some sun, some clouds, some wind, some calm, some snow too!

Today's sight-size shot.

#457 Meetinghouse Rd. White Creek.

8 x 10  on prepared paper











The sky was interesting today  a decent amount of sun, so I went out and found this scene, how quickly things changed!














I started just dealing with what I had in front of me, lost of clouds!

















The lightness was blueish grey, but I kept veering off, first toward green, then purple, I think I got it reasonably close.....













After the snow shower the sky started to clear, so I scrapped back the sky, and ended  up here. I was painting for about an hour.  When the wind kicked up it got me cold, luckily it was calm most of the time.












This is near the end of my session, the sun was on me and my painting for part of the time too.















The "Money Shot" for today, with the scene changing so quickly and divergently, all bets were off.















My pallet, yes that is snow, and yes it got mixed in with the paint, but no it doesn't matter!!!!






















This was taken just before I left, as you can see, there is sun, clouds and snow all at the same time!



Happy New Year to all, may 2015 be the year to beat all years!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you all! Well done in the snow, Matt.This time, I see a lot of cows. Nice spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of cows around here, they make milk, cheese, ice cream, yum, but often they're not where I want them, here they were perfectly co-operative! good cows!

      Delete
  2. Great post Matt, it was really interesting seeing how you built the painting up.

    ReplyDelete