Tuesday, December 30, 2014

On the road again: Old Cambridge road, that is!

25   F  clear and sunny!
I'm way behind in making panels (tonight for sure), so I'm using prepared canvas taped to a board, and I didn't like the surface, but I ended up liking the result (and it didn't seem to matter in the end.

#456  Old Cambridge Rd.

9 x 12








The not tight quality of the canvas and the smoothness of it was a problem at the start, but by the time I got the thing covered it flattened out.

You can see how weird the structure of this composition is, but it's a good weird.









I love all the soft greys, where the tree branches fell more like smoke.
















There were cows and I did put them in, it's kinda like "find wally"
















The temperature got to the mid twenties and that's good, I was out there for about 1 &1/2hrs. and finished before I got cold.  The sun was out and the light stayed consistant, what could be better?














This is where I ended up, can you find the cow?
















The scene, I came over here, there are lots of nice rolling hills, but I found a road and a farm.















Sight-size shot, I don't like the blue tape, nor the oversized board, they're distracting.















The day held ethereal colors and strong shadows, I didn't even have to think about it, who need too much thinking?














 My pallet, this is for you, Chani, it's three days' painting, maybe time to scrape it clean?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Matt, I am not sure I can find the cow... (somewhere on the left?) I would need a bigger screen than my small notebook to be sure. It is a nice winter painting, I like the blue sky and the shadows you rendered well.
    And thanks for the three days pallet. Yet, time to clean it, but good you immortalized it before! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cow is a few smudges of black and white all the way to the left just in front of the house, Thanks and have a great new year, Chani!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, now I am sure I see where there are!

    ReplyDelete