Friday, December 12, 2014

Battenkill @ rush hour

30  F  cloudy with a few flakes.
It's been snowing the last three days, we haven't gotten that much snow altogether, but it's still been snowing for three days.

The "Money Shot" from today.

#448 Battenkill @ Eagleville

9 x 12








I've been here before, but never did this exact scene, I think I'm just naturally drawn to certain places, do you wonder why?














The tone was just perfect for the day, but I think that was just luck, and I ran with it.















There were two areas if interest, the water rushing over some rocks in the foreground and the opposite bank.















This is where I ended up.

















Here is the scene. Everything's different with the snow, and the water was high and rushing. Today I just had to have a water scene.














Sight-size shot.

















The ground was not frozen, and in general it was a pleasant day, but no day at the beach!






















For me, a limited pallet  Ultramarine blue, burnt sienna, cadmium lemon and cadmium yellow light, alizerine crimson and of course titanium white. I left off a 2nd blue, cuerealan as of late, and zinc white. Ok so it's not that different, but it's a nod in that direction.

5 comments:

  1. I like all of your work it is so interesting to see what you are doing Matt, I also appreciate all the stages of the photos, I would love to be so disciplined. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful winter spot, much grey but not boring at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooow man this looks cold!!
    But a lovely piece you pulled out of it.

    ReplyDelete