Monday, July 27, 2015

The Germans are here!

90  F  hazy.



















Last year at about this time I was headed to Germany to participate in Salem2Salem, art exchange. Here my blog from that trip, it starts here:
http://www.mattchinian.com/2014/08/journey-arrival-and-welcome.html
This year it's here in Salem, NY, one town north of us in Cambridge, and the German, as well as American Artist from points much farther than me have arrived in our Salem.  It was a reunion for many with a few new artists thrown into the mix. Being in my back yard will make a very different experience. Tonight Alane and Hope came with me to the opening reception, and were able to meet  old friends and make new ones, and what can be better than that!

It's otherwise been a whirlwind: starting at 6th Lake in Inlet, NY. On Saturday, afternoon we helped our friends celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary and Emma left for 2 weeks of overnight camp before we returned to Cambridge. In the A.M. I got one painting done at the beaver pond:


#577  Hess Pond from Ned's rock.

7-25-15

8x10

















Here is my spot.




















Here is the "Money Shot".
















This will be my home away from home @ SAW, I put up the wet paintings from the Adirondacks. Now it's time to push some paint!














No comments:

Post a Comment