Thursday, July 23, 2015

Beaver pond + lake = water!

62  F  some clouds (A.M.)
There is nothing like the mountain air to make for a good night's sleep, I got up early and went out before anybody was up.

#573a Beaver Pond (Hess Pond) Inlet, NY

7-23-15

9x12







This is the scene at the start, it was about 8:00 A.M. I liked not just the reflection, but the foreground and how they played together.













I had forgotten my pallet knife, I had plenty of brushes and the painting had a mind of it's own.















The nature of the moving clouds over head made things change from light to dark and back again, oh well, just deal.














This is my spot for this morn.























Here is Ollie, sometimes I think he'd rather be sleeping.
















Later in the early evening.....
This was the scene from about mid-way through.
















There was a reasonable amount of light left for the evening.
















The light is made from the dark.

















Like in the morning, clouds were moving and changing up the scene. Patience is rewarded, sometimes.














This is where I ended up.

#574  6th Lake from dock

7-23-15

12x16











When in doubt, paint from the dock......























My pallet.







Thanks for reading my blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment