Friday, July 24, 2015

4th Lake & the back bay, new challenges @ home.

68  F  some clouds.
Today, I went down to Inlet,  Arrowhead Park, where 4th Lake meets the channel (to 5th Lake). The kids were about and I thought I'd paint where they could wander the streets.

#575 4th Lake from Arrowhead Park, Inlet, NY.

7-24-15

11x12





There were enough things I liked about the scene and the spot, but there were some inherent challenges as well.














I'm not sure how I missed on the value of the mountains.....
















Well lets just say there were some distractions.....
















All in all not terrible, but fuzzy.

















The scene at the start, orderly.

















By the time to take the sight-size shot: disorderly.  Maybe that was the lesson.















The "Money Shot".

















Hope gave names to the duck family......
















Later, before dinner, I went out back.
An equally strange thing happened, except this time it was my composition, it was strange because it was different, at least for me.














I walked away thinking I really screwed up, I most of the shapes the same size.



#576  Back Bay (6th Lake)

7-24-15

14x16







The scene has potential, maybe the squarish format didn't help, or maybe I really wanted to include the telephone pole and should have trusted that instinct.













See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment