Wednesday, July 22, 2015

6th Lake

62  F  some clouds.
We made it up to the Ball Cabin on 6th lake, after a lot of other stuff.......

#573  6th lake from dock

7-22-15

10x8










I felt rusty after 3 paintless days and my brushes started to harden up. It's like I'm facing the canvas, not knowing what to do, just drawing a blank.





















I often fight the notion that there are "things" to be painted when there are only shapes, values and colors.





















I enjoyed the water, who wouldn't but the dock was vexing, it wanted to be hard-edged and illustrated, I had other plans, and we never agreed.





















My scene, I know why I picked it, but any direction would do, and the clouds were awesome this evening.






















No comments:

Post a Comment