Thursday, July 9, 2015

Olana!

72  F  cloudy with a few drops.
I'm here @ Olana, http://www.olana.org/, there are 30 of us, and I'm meeting a bunch of my on-line painter friends in person!

#561  Olana

7-9-15

8x10







This was my afternoon paint.

















The guy painting is way too big.

















That's better!

















I felt like I had to do a painting with the house, which is magnificent as you can see. And I liked the lighting despite the cloudy day.














I traveled this morning, and got here just after 9:00,  It took me a while, I found this spot complete with a trestle , the Rip Van Winkle Bridge.















This place was literally built for this kind of vista, so when in Rome....
















I was able to bolt myself down with the tree.
















Here is where I ended up, sorry about the glare.

#560 Hudson River from Olana

7-9-15

12x16










Here is this morning's "Money Shot"



















No comments:

Post a Comment