Monday, October 13, 2014

Landscape for landsake show, ends.

This weekend was the Agricultural Stewardship Association's annual Landscape show. Sorry to post this after the fact, the first two days were so crowded I'd never get as shot like this, anyway, although I was dressed better.



















The show is held in a huge historic barn, about 1/2 mile west of my house, and the money is used to buy the development rights on farmland, a very important part of our home here in Washington County. My work is next to the paintings of Leslie Peck, an excellent painter, and all around great person, indeed the whole show had great artists and I was honored to be among them.







Here is just a part of the show.

















I sold 3 paintings, met a lot of nice people, caught up with a lot of old friends, and had a great time doing it!


Thanks to all that made this possible, and there were many!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Matt Chinian. In my world, your the best Plain Air painter period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on you sales, Matt! I am glad that the show was a success. BTW: Did you sell other paintings in Salem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Iwan and Chani!, Very kind of you to say, but I have a lot of good company in painters! I sold a total of 7 paintings in Germany, and the remainder will be sent to me. What a wonderful way to make new friends, it's so heartwarming, I hope someday to go back to Germany and paint again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds good!
    Hope you can go back to Germany (or another country of the EU) one day to paint, maybe with family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next summer my German (and American) friends will come here to Salem, NY. I hope they can all make it! I'm so looking forward to that! I really can picture returning to Germany and picturing something is the first step in making it happen......

    ReplyDelete