Thursday, February 5, 2015

Shields Rd.

16  F  sun, clouds and a little breeze.
The "Money Shot" for today.

#475 Shields Rd.

11 x 14













It snowed last night, about 6", school was on a 2 hr. delay and the field trip I was going to chaperone was canceled. When the sky started to clear in late morning........













This was an exercise in white, lots of white.
















I thought it might cloud up, it didn't but I wanted to get the sky in.
















There is both a big view and a farm, not easy to find both.
















It was also an exercise in greys.

















There are certain lines I like to "break", that is cross, they are like those very strong barn to snowy hillside. I did that with fence posts and the dead weeds along the road.













Here is where I ended up. The effect of the sun on the roofs of the barns was dulled down a bit when the hazy clouds came by, but overall I had consistant light which makes life reasonable.















Here is my scene. In the summer the house and barns are behind a lot of foliage. This is one of the best things about the winter, a lot of views open up when the trees loose their leaves.















 I was outside for about 1 1/4 hours, there was a slight breeze, and it was cold.17-16  F.















This is the pallet at the start, an advantage of the winter, with such cold temps, is that the paint doesn't dry out, so I never waste any paint, I keep the pallet outside (brushes too!) even though I keep the backpack with paint inside.



















This was from september, I think I'm a few feet farther up the hill, you can't see any of the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment