Monday, February 23, 2015

SAW Creek: blinding bright light, super dark.

13 (or so)  F  bright sun, a little breezy.
I went up to Salem Art Works today and this is what I got.

#481 SAW Creek

8 x 10












It seems like we have grey or blindingly bright light!
















I put pure titanium white down, there was so much light it was overwhelming.















The creek itself, by contrast was dark-dark.
















There wasn't much in the way of middle tones.
















The yellow foot bridge is defining because of the color and it's man-made quality.















Maybe I needed s bit of color.

















I was painting for about 1 1/4 hours, basically stuck in the snow, but the cold didn't bother me so much.















Sight-size shot.

















My pallet.























This is where I trudged off the path, snow shoes would work, or I'll just stick close to the path,






















This would not have been a bad scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment