Wednesday, February 18, 2015

N. Park St. tax relief!

26  F  some high clouds
I got my taxes done, and had some light after my appointment, so I went out.

#479  N. Park St.

10x8


















I've wanted to paint this scene, although I thought a little closer might have worked better......















I thought I had taken a photo earlier.....























I rarely work in a vertical format, but it worked here, this is where I ended up. It wasn't that cold, but for some reason I felt cold, I spent a totalof 1 hour outside, with 50 minutes of that actually painting.





















I liked this composition, although I left out the telephone pole in the foreground, it just worked,






















I'm on a dead end spur off the main road, although there is some traffic on that road this one is pretty quiet, so often I'm picking spots because they're safe, it's not a bad way.













The pallet.  I found myself using a lot od whites and lots of darks, with not as much in the middle.






















Sight-size shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment