Thursday, August 21, 2014

Installation, Schloss Salem, sunset on the hill.

64  F  sunny
This is the end of a long couple of days, well almost.

#388 Spetzgart, up hill

11 x 14










I painted after dinner, after I spent most of my day setting up the exhibit in Salem.













These go so quick, I probably should have done a smaller one...














I put the white on and couldn't figure out why it wasn't as bright as the sun!














After yesterday, I wanted to try and get the dark and medium tones darker than reality, so the light of my whited would look even lighter, easier said than done!











This is where I ended up, not quite 45 minutes.














Scene at the end.















A preview......




















Here is the attic, note the beam repair.




















behind an historic door, is a sleek modern bathroom with a baby changing table suitable for a prince or princess!













I've been wanting to paint this scene, just off of the women's dorm, just down the hill.













There is so little light......















Spetzgart, down hill

#387, 9 x 12  canvas.













Money shot,  the nature of this is that the dark tones didn't get low enough.















2 comments:

  1. Both works are beautiful! The first painting is especially interesting because it is totally different.
    I wish you all the best for the exhibition (will it start today?) and will also be glad to see what your fellow artists have performed.
    Enjoy the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chani! I'm blogging it now, it all feels like such a blur, so much to do in such a short amount of time! I'm pretty spent, but I want to do some shopping, maybe a little painting and packing, and I'll look forward to seeing my family!

      Delete