Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sunset @ Reafield Farm Rd. Preparations are in full swing!

79  F  clear with large clouds.
I had to get out to paint today.....

Money shot

#350 Reafield Farm Rd.

11 x 14









The sun was setting, my favorite is to see the world back lit, and I got that. I started at about 6:00













This is the stage where there is a bit of confusion.....














I've been doing a bunch of "other things" so i can say I got them done before my trip, it's less than 2 weeks, and I'm also getting ready, if I can!


By this time the light is really starting to change, but I feel I have a handle on it and what I wanted  to do,  I couldn't chase it at this point, but I had enough to go on.





Very close......















Notice how different the color is in these photos. This one is too blue.















There are scenes like this, and they just draw you in......














A few cars came by.....















My pallet is including black, although I'm mixing a bit of ultramarine in with it......



















These panels are for my trip to Germany, I'm useing 1/8th inch baltic birch plywood, it's really light, I'll have 24 of these and a lot of other surfaces as well..... I'm also making some for here now, and my return, because I'm really almost out....
















Nice!

I'll show more of my preparations as they happen......

1 comment:

  1. Interesting again to see the process. Such a nice, peaceful spot!

    You are going to overweight the flight with all those panels :-) But I am sure you will need them all, and even more.
    Something important (perhaps): ticks are active in Germany at this time of the year and some of them are infected (especially in the South East, while you are in the South West but...). So, if you paint staying in the grass and in the nature, it may be a good idea to wear light-colored clothes + socks and to use a repellent. Just ask the locals. This may be not a problem at all there and I do not want to scare you, but it is always better to know before. I am sure everything will be okay!

    ReplyDelete