Monday, July 7, 2014

Adirondack weekend (part 2) A bald spot and a princess.

beautiful weather all weekend!
This was Saturday early evening I hiked up to "Bill's bald spot" overlooking Big Moose Lake. I've been up here twice, once continuing on to Squash pond, once before this very scene.

#335 view of Big Moose Lake

11 x 14

Available




This is the third time to climb this trail, the entrance is pretty hidden, but I know it's there!













The trail up is pretty steep, but it's short, a good little work out takes about 20 minutes.




















The same lighting conditions existed last year! My panel started in the dark.














As soon as I started the light dappled onto it, I went on....














There were actually clouds at the beginning, and I wish I had painted them, before they disappeared!













Judging the tones when you're in the dark is a challenge'
















I had three visitors that day!














This is the biggest view I've done in a while, I'm not sure if there really me, but once in a while it's OK.













This is where I ended up, and although I like the way the light moves, it's too much to chase......














This was the scene at the beginning.















This was the end.















There is a lean-to, an awesome spot!
















I'm in the fire pit!


















Some one put up new arrows and that was much appreciated!















I want to master the water in late day light, it's so cool looking.........This boat is called the princess.....













By 1/2 hr. or so th light is gone!















This was taken this morning.


1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful scene. It must have been difficult to achieve this with the changing light...

    ReplyDelete