Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Content Farm Rd. The countdown begins......

75  F   sunny some clouds.
Today's  "Money Shot"

Monday I leave for Germany, I'm not ready, but I'm getting there! Tomorrow I'll take down the Willows Bistro show, Friday is the Bennington Paint out taking place in downtown Bennington, Vt.

A busy time!
#352 Content Farm Rd.
8 x 10




I did this scene recently, it's just around the corner from my house. I was glad to get out, with all the preparations to be made and stuff to do.












It was after 7:00 when I started, and the sun is setting earlier......














I like this scene at this time because of the bright light on the mid-range hill, and the darkness surrounding it, like a frame, and then the far hill.












Here is where I ended up, not quite an hour....














This is the scene at the start of the session, I lost some of the drama by the end.  My challenge was to get the light areas light enough, to do that I had to get the darks darker.











Panels, lots of them! some for my trip, some for here!














 This is how I'm preparing paper, I soak it in Shellac, thinned down with de-natured alcohol, I'll cut them to size, and give them a 2nd coat.













2 comments:

  1. Have a nice trip to my home country, Matt! Hope you will have a nice flight, an interesting journey there, meeting interesting people and discovering beautiful landscapes (in this region, I have no doubt that you will do). And let us know how you are making it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chani, I'm just about ready! I'm sure it'll be great, but of course I'm a bit nervous...... and of course I'll be blogging the whole way!!!!

    ReplyDelete