Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Last Minute Painting

27  F   a bit overcast
This was about 3:30 today at Hoosick River.














My scene when I started just before 1:30, the sum had come out in the morning, but the sky was getting overcast by now, still, I liked the light off the water here, it was pretty bright when I started.










Today's pallet.




















first block in.















Lot of sky and water.















I'm afraid I had started with the water too blue, maybe it was the day greying up.














Yeah, OK so I took this selfie, I'm going to bury it here in the middle of this post.











I really do wear these gloves!















The worst photo ever, but for the most part completed.














Looking East, or down river at the Buskirk Bridge.














New panels!
















4 comments:

  1. Great series of pics ....even the selfie lol ... I certainly take that on board for my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, John. I'm not sure why I did the selfie, maybe because the Pope was in one.....I do look forward to your posts! Matt

      Delete
  2. Hi Matt,
    I really like your paintings. I have tried to paint outside but get too cold - well done! They look really good.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi; I cut my teeth working in the cold as a carpenter, now it's just as challenging, but having that experience was invaluable for painting outside in the winter. I hope you'll try again, or work around it, The most important thing is to keep painting! Best, Matt.

      Delete