Thursday, December 19, 2013

Content Farm Rd. Titanium and zinc what gives?

38  F  a bit hazy.
Sorry about this Photo.......It's where I ended up today. I'll probably fuss a bit with it, that post seems to always make it in...














Here is my scene.  I've done this very scene a lot. It's on my same block, what is not to love?













When I put the canvas next to the scene, I'm lining up the two, constantly comparing the scene to my painting, it's  the "sight-size" method.  I use a brush handle to "measure" with squinted eye (one) and rely on my ability to "level" across from the scene to my painting, essentially inventing a grid (virtual) I don't have an app for that, unless it's the one in my head.

My first block in. My tone is a solid medium and cool. Some times this is more random than I want to admit, or it just happens.












This is about 15 minutes in, I got some zinc white, because I wanted to know about it, so I've been putting it on my pallet, and today I noticed, really by accident how different the cadmium lemon looked when I mixed it in with the zinc as opposed to the titanium it was like BOING! much more hue for the value, almost too much for my taste, but  good to know, it held true for the phalo blue, so now I know how to bring s bit of color , maybe just a bit, when I need it.


Some people work from photos.......















This is from May of this year.











This is from December, 2012.









October 2012.

2 comments:

  1. It is more comfortable to work from photos with a mug of coffee near you, but it is certainly more exciting to paint like you do, with the scene in front of you and feeling the nature on your body. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chani, I do like my coffee! but I wouldn't know how to do it any other way, Best Matt

      Delete