Saturday, December 28, 2013

37 Paintings at the 2nd Fl. Gallery; City Hall, Glens Falls NY

It was good enough to paint today, but Today was the day.
We got back from Boston last night, and I was up until 2:00 am  packing up the paintings. I was exhausted today, but had a great team in Linda, Chris and Maria, who volunteer to hang the shows for the North Country Arts Center, They did a great job and I was grateful for their dedication!








The Glens Falls City Hall is a great old brick building, and the N.C.A.C. does the shows in the 2nd Floor hall way.













Pay no attention to the stuffed snowman.














It's a nice space, I signed up to show here 10 or 11 months ago,  I thought it would be good to have a goal, and put it together,I spend way too much time pondering what to put in and what to leave out!











This Hall was built when people actually cared about their public spaces and the people that inhabit them. It's beautifully built, has human dimensions and I think it's a great place for art on the walls.



























I wanted a few paintings from each  month of the year, but the month of November prevailed.













37 Paintings total. some small ones in a glass case!













The Gallery is open when the offices are open 10-5 Monday- Friday. The Opening reception is Thursday, January 16th  6:00 8:00 Hope to see you there!!!!!
















5 comments:

  1. Looking good young man :-) all the best for this, and I hope you get plenty of reds.. Pretty classy looking venue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Mat! I hope they get new homes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adriana, Me too! Have a great New Year! I'm hoping to get back to Canandaigua this year, so I hope to see you there, best, matt.

      Delete
  3. Looks great! I wish you the best of luck and hope a lot of interested people will visit the gallery!

    ReplyDelete