Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Battenkill @ Pooks Day 1 Sold 3 Paintings to a collector yesterday!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MattChinianPaintings

58  F  Mostly Cloudy

Here is where I ended up today.















The scene when I started has a bit more light than this pic, and the majority of the foliage was in the shadow.












First block in.














Pretty close to monochrome,  I didn't consciously do this.














All the colors get mixed in with the first blocks, It's like I forget how to paint and make a mess!


I knew I was in trouble today, I liked the color unity (to some extent) but the clouds moved in soon after I started,









I got some light torward the end of my session (4:30), so I put that in behind the big tree mass.















My pallet. and brushes.















I never go on county hi ways,  but my best shot at the bridge was from here and I was protected from the fast-moving traffic, the guard rail made a good table.

















These are the paintings I sold yesterday:


Battenkill @ Shushan













Content Farm Rd.














Owlkill Creek @ Owlkill Rd.

2 comments: