Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Delta blues, Hoosik River and the Pencil Brook. Day 1.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MattChinianPaintings

50  F  Sun and some early clouds,

I found this place along the Hoosick River on the Washington County side of Buskirk.  I had seen it before but today was the day.













I've always been intrigued by the place a tributary meets a river, so mysterious.

I had to jump the creek at the shortest point right in the middle of the pic.  I made it.










First blocks of color.















The whole dynamic of a painting like this felt very foreign to me.














I ended here though I know I have a lot more to do, the sun had changed a bit since the start, and I was facing the wrong way, but it didn't seem to matter this time.











 I had a nice flat spot to set up, so I was able to step back just a bit, that makes the size of the view smaller in the frame of my panel, so I can put in the kind of detail I want, this is 14x16.











What an awesome spot, it was about 100 yards walk in, and I probably picked up a tick or two.....




In the background is Buskirk's Bridge, I was painting on the other side last week, I didn't like how the sun hit it, nor the view from this side, at least today.





This little island I found was like being in the middle of the River!















Maybe another painting.















No comments:

Post a Comment