Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Wet Panel Carriers

Wet
Here is the set of wet panel carriers I made today, there're for a friend who uses a hardboard panel without canvas like mine. All the materials I had on hand.











I had a few samples and made the others: 8 x 10, 9 x 12, 11 x 14, 12 x 16, and 16 x 20.














I figured 1/2" per panel, 4 panels fro 2 1/2" total width with 3/16" cut.














I had to do two passes with the sawblade moved 1/16 " I was able to adjust the fence only 4 times to make 8 distinct cuts.

first cut










2nd cut















first two cuts on each side if board.









































All four slots were cut, I always check after each cut.




















The slots are cut in the sides only, the bottom gets none. these are 1/4" larger than the  short side of each panel size.













I lay the sides out with the panel in then measure for the bottom rail, then I measure for the sides.














A bit of glue....














Screws
















2 comments:

  1. If you have a spare one, I will gladly buy it from you...just let me know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the complement, but I'm ready to make myself some more!

    ReplyDelete