Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hudson Falls is named for this:

Here is the link to an article in Outdoor painter; My favorite place to paint: the Battenkill.

http://www.outdoorpainter.com/news/my-favorite-place-to-paint-matt-chinian.html

54  F  Sunny windy!
The Falls. The money shot.

#275 Hudson River @  Hudson Falls

12 x 16

$500









Mr tone is a bit dark and brown, so I started with the sky, and the white water.













 Darks and grays .















I put the 2nd mix of blue on with the pallet knife, it was still too blue.














The first blue was too blue and too dark so I slathered on more white.














My light stayed nice and constant. I had a 2 1/2 hour session today!














I spent some time trying to get the variations in the water.....














Adding just a few details....















Here is where I ended up.















Here is my scene, I drove up here 40 minutes or so to paint at a different spot, but it didn't feel right, this was a park, with real easy access and I loved the falls.











I keep finding great places to paint, this one is safe, legal and beautiful!














This is the old road bridge, and is no longer carrying traffic, which is on a new bridge just behind this one.













The structure on the right is a power plant, and it might have been cool to paint from there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment