Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rexleigh redeemed!

50  F Sunny and beautiful!
I met up with my friend, Cindy Rosen, I thought Rexleigh needed another chance, and I needed to use some color, I actually packed Cadmium red and yellow ocher.


#272

11 x 14

$400





The sun was on my panel, I'm not sure how I feel about using an umbrella, really? the bright red on the bridge could only look like this in the sunlight, and after so much grey I finally wanted some red.










So it was more than obvious what to start with, the bright red will dominate this image, could it be otherwise?













All painting, for me anyway, seems to go through this "I don't know what I'm doing" phase, this one started soon and I didn't get out of it until the bitter end.












By this stage, it's coming along, but I had no idea how I was going to pull off the water. Between the light reflecting off the scene and the panel, seeing it was the first challenge, but seeing is the most important part of this endeavor and I knew the key, so I focused, then squinted, and tried to figure out what I saw, then record it.







Here is where I ended up, sorry about the glare.














Cindy set up a few feet away, we had a good time!














My scene.















There was a few feet to scramble down and the mud was slippery!



















Looking upstream.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, a new feeling! A lot of red, also the vegetation in the front of your scene. And the upstream view could be a nice spot as well. Well done! Nice to see that snow has melt more or less :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chani, you know how restrained I am with bright color so this was a walk on the wild side, who knows maybe I'll stay over here! Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sight for sore eyes....and a nice demonstration of sight size!

    ReplyDelete