Sunday, April 6, 2014

Wallomsac River, sunshine!

54  F  Sunny and warm, clear skies!
I found my way to the Wallomsac River in North Hoosick, where the water was raging!


#274 Walloomsac River @ Rt. 22

14 x 16

$600






My scene, the light would remain constant and the only things that would change were the shadows.













Here is the panel there are light shadows on it, which are kinda distracting.....













A lot of mess here.















As my session progressed the light on the panel changed and made for some tactile adjustments.













Toward the end of the session the sun cooperated and moved off my panel, I appreciated that!













I had time today, and spent close to 2 1/2 hours! I would use  a lot of it working on the truss, which fought with the background.












Here we go....
















The shadow changed since I started!
















Looking down.













looking across, I might try to set up on that far bank and have the scene back lit.













It's hard to see, but I'm on the edge of a steep embankment, maybe 50-75 feet high! I had painted down by the river last November.












I wasn't sure if this was private, but it didn't seem like it, so I went ahead, there were no posted signs ans being next to two bridges, the road and the river......

4 comments:

  1. Matthew, not enough artists paint on location. You are an inspiration!
    I enjoy seeing pictures of your work at various stages of your painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoanE, I don't know how to paint landscapes otherwise, I'm glad you enjoy the progress shots, please feel free to ask questions....Matt

      Delete