Saturday, August 10, 2013

This is the last of the finished July Paintings, promise!

Here is the view of 2nd Lake from Bald Mountain, while it looks like it would have been an isolated spot, the Bald Mountain trail on a Sunday mid-day was very busy and I had a lot of on-lookers.









This is 6th Lake from the dock, also a favorite spot, and the format is 14 x 16, almost square, and I really liked the size. I also liked how the water came out, at least for now. My goal is to get the look and feel of water, without disguising the paint or the brushstrokes, we'll see how that works out.







This is the bay from the "cathedral" and as you can see it's very sketchy. It was a challenge in how much detail there was so close up. Indeed it's hard sometimes to simplify. But my main goal was to work on getting the color notes close, and I got sorta close, so I'll try this again some time.







This is the last of the July Adirondack paintings,(not the least), I went to the north shore of 7th Lake in the "Princess" and hiked around on state land until I found this spot.  You can see the influence of the phalo blue I've been putting down on my pallet, because I've felt I needed to get the darks, darker, but it also has a tendency to get into everything and cast a cool blue tone everywhere. I think it worked out ok, but was close to that edge.





No comments:

Post a Comment