Monday, August 26, 2013

Lessons close to The Cabin (Don't forget the bug spray)

Perfect sunny & mild.

We went up to the Cabin for the weekend, this is Saturday, 8-24-13. I took the princess over to 7th Lake, and landed at Arnold's Rock.  I proceeded to hike East on the path, looking for a spot, I past the place I had painted a few weeks ago, and continued past, beyond the 2nd lean-to, to find this spot.







Something about this birch tree, and how it's leaves picked up the sunlight, with the lake and hills in the background. (sorry about the photo) It's like there were two paintings going on, the lake, mountain and sky were one, and the tree was another, and I wanted to make it work. I started with the big picture, and worked the tree into it, but really don't know if that was a good idea or not.





Here was the place, It got buggy and I forgot my bug spray, so yeah they got bad, I found some natural repellent at the Cabin, that I used for later paintings over the weekend, but really missed the deet, and the smell of toxins in the wilderness.













There were other lessons here. I don't know if I learned from any of them, but the challenge remains, and a bad painting is better than a good anything else.

  I did two more paintings this weekend, I'll blog about them later.....













No comments:

Post a Comment