Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Duel Hollow day 2: A Snowy Egret visits.

85  F  Hot and hazy.

I want back to this spot yesterday, but it was around 3 and the sun was too far over, and there was no reflection in the water, I had also forgot my pallet, so I just went home. Today I got there just before 12 noon, and the added haze was perfect,  It gave me some extra depth to work with and I needed all that.







When you sit somewhere and are really quiet, wildlife will come by to visit, what a handsome creature!










You can see the added sense of depth with the hazy sky. I swear that some of the greens had moved into some more ochre-y color, but ...











This is where it ended up today, I didn't touch the water or a lot of things, but I think I moved it along, I may take it back up for more, we'll see.










It's so hard to distinguish one green from the next, that I thought I had over exaggerated the subtle color changes, and maybe that's what it takes,

8 comments:

  1. Nice painting Matt. I like when the wildlife stops noticing or caring that I'm there and decide to come out and carry on with their business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott, He was fishing in the stream, I almost always see (or hear) wild life if I'm near water, I'll rarely get a good pic of them, but it's another benefit of being outside. Matt

      Delete
  2. Good job Matt. Did you debate whether to put the egret in the painting? I tend to do that - then paint it out again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Malcolm, No, but we made an appointment for his portrait!
      Matt

      Delete
  3. I love the design of your stream, with or without egret. Challenging subject with all that green...but looks like you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susanne, It is a subject that I find challenging, and I'm sure I'll be back, both to this spot and to other similar places, Matt

      Delete
  4. I like the painting a lot Matthew. I agree - those greens can be overwhelming! The coolish ones, the warmish ones, the ones that tend to grey and red. Isn't nature amazing? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sue! I'll look forward to your blogposts, Matt

    ReplyDelete