Saturday, October 3, 2015

Wellman Farm. Wilmington Vermont, wind and clouds.

53  F  windy and overcast.

I went over to wilmington Vermont today to be part of the open studios of Vermont event though I don't live there, I do paint under the same sky, so maybe that counts.

#632  Creek @ wellman Farm, Wilmington, Vt.

10-3-15

9x12





I'm not thrilled by the grey skies, who is?


















I liked the light off the creek and the bit of sky I got in the composition.














I ended up fussing with it a lot after I got it to here, much of the brightest color are waiting until most everything else s mostly in.














Sight-size shot.

















This event is state-wide, and I think the lousy weather kept everyone away, only a few visitors came. That was OK, because there was a nice bunch of painters and a mellow place to paint, and it's just about an hour from my house.












Later in the afternoon I painted this tree.



#633 Tree at Wellman Farm

1-3-15

10x8














The fall is the only time I make portraits of trees, they ask for it.






















There is a surprising amount of subtle color at this time of year.
















The entrance to Wellman Farm.

















The hosts have a beautiful barn where we put work up, here is my folding wall of paintings.






















These are the two I did today, I'll go back tomorrow and maybe some more visitors will come, the weather is forecast to improve!













No comments:

Post a Comment