Monday, October 12, 2015

The Dead don't talk, 2 fer Monday.

66  F  mostly sunny.
I went looking for a bright, colorful tree and ended up with a black rectangle.

#641 Hudson River @ Champlain Lock #5 Schuylerville.

10-12-15

11x14








In the morning I drove around and found this. Some days I just don't know what I'm looking for, I spend lots of time wandering and I get to the point where I have to stop and that's what I paint.




















This cemetery is on a tree lined dirt road, otherwise a lot of shade.
















A dark tone to start helps.

















Moving along....

















The bright light of the yellow tree is pretty impossible, and what shape do those colors have, anyway?















 Here is where ended up.

#640 Binninger Rd. Cemetery

10-12-15

11x12











The sight-size shot shows how dark the panel is in comparison to the bright light in the scene.















Money Shot.

















I found this scene in much the same way as the mornings' paint; by the time I got to Hudson crossings park, then walked around to find this, I realized my predetermined quest for foliage was thwarted again, I found a different little  jem.











Yes, the lock closed.

















Here is where I finished.

















I was disappointed when the lock closed and thought it might re-open, so I held off painting those parts, but it never did open; I painted a black rectangle.













My spot, it was nice to get even a little bit away from the van.






















My basic kit, a bit too big to go on a long hike, but fine for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment