Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mountain Rd. and Cross Hill Rd.

64  F  sunny, windy
Today was gorgeous, I didn't know what to do with myself. So I drove around until I found this scene, I liked the huge view with the hay wagon in the foreground.


#515  Mountain Rd. looking west.

4-29-15

12 x 16






This time of year, the grass is pretty much the only thing that's really green, the trees still look grey and ethereal.














I mixed up a light tannish color, and put it down for the mid distance hills,(by comparing them) it was way off, for that, but looked like it might work in the dirt.













The mid range hills are way too light. I'm not sure exactly what I'm thinking of here.















The play of light and shadow around the hay wagon was the subject.
















I liked the way the grid of the hay wagon framed out sections of the landscape, as well as the telephone pole and the wire.














It was windy, but otherwise I had no reason not to stay as long as I wanted, 1 1/2 hours.















So this is where I ended up.

















My pallet.























Yesterday I went to Vermont, also an awesome day, I forgot my Camera. This is what I did.


#514  Cross hill Rd. Shaftsbury, Vt.

4-28-15

9 x 12

No comments:

Post a Comment