Thursday, March 13, 2014

More snow, our last storm? still, beautiful with a late day sun.

19  F  sunny
I had called the day due to snow, but it stopped and the sun came out, so I pushed through my lethargy and went out back.












I'm on the bridge, done a few out back by this creek, what's not to love.














I had this 7 x 10 panel from over a year ago, I didn't like the dark brown but it worked out OK.  it's also an odd size, even though I like that too.












I liked this composition, it's simple.















It's often hard to keep track of the pattern of shadow/light in the snow, I was surprised how off I was and equally surprised at how little difference it made.











Just about done, this will remain sketchy.














My scene, I was surprised at the sun and shadows, after the show storm and clouds earlier, so it gave m a short session and I took it.












My spot, close but still cold out!  it's mid March!



















4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The difference between December and March is that there is no ice left on the river ;-)
    Wish you a nice week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chani, Yes, spring will come even if it doesn't want to! despite the fresh snow there was a lot of water in the creek, we woke up to 0 degrees F. this AM, but it'll be 34 F today! I hope you,too will enjuy your weekend! Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing the step by step photos of your painting! It's beautiful! A. Rupert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you A. Rupert I love showing them! feel free to ask questions. Matt

    ReplyDelete